The Lethbridge Community Out of School Association is looking for RELIEF STAFF to join the It’s a Blast team for the 2016-2017 School Year. We are in need of Childcare Development Supervisors, Workers or Assistants are also welcome to apply.
Program Leaders are responsible for ensuring that children provided with an opportunity to flourish in a quality program before and after school hours. Program Leaders are responsible for ensuring that all day-to-day operation run smoothly while also engaging in multiple tasks.
• Plan, prepare and supervise activities for children age 5-12.
• Ensure attendance and other records are completed accurately and on time
• Develop positive and respectful interactions with children, parents and staff
• Communicate clearly and positively ensuring that programming needs are exceeded
General Fall Hours:
• Monday-Friday: Mornings 7am-9am
• Monday-Thursday: Afternoon 2:30pm-6pm
• Friday Afternoon Shifts 11:30-6pm
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
• Dependable and reliable
• Child Care Certification within first 8 weeks of employment
• First Aid Certification within the first 8 weeks of employment
• Clear Criminal Record Check within 2 weeks of employment
• Clear Intervention Check within 2 weeks of employment
• Access to reliable transportation
The successful candidate will also possess the capacity to participate in offsite activities, able to work proactively in a diverse and inclusive organization, and have a proven ability to problem solve and mediate; understanding of how to handle multiple priorities while staying calm under pressure.
• Multiple Positions: Relief Staff – hours and location vary
• Assistant Level $14.38/hour + government top up ($2.14)
• Worker Level $14.64/hour + government top up ($4.05)
• Supervisor Level $14.64/hour + government top up ($6.62)
• Opportunities for advancement
Please apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote Competition #: 10_BLASTREL on your email subject line or on your cover letter. It’s a Blast thanks all candidates in advance for your interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Providing children opportunities to try and experience new activities. The freedom to choose from a variety of activities on a daily basis. Aid in developing self confidence in a group of peers. Aid in the learning of self help skills such as: being responsible of their belongings, tying shoe laces, washing hands, zipping up coat, cleaning up after themselves etc.
Register online by clicking on the tab above – Online Registration & Forms. Child care is available for grades 1 – 5 in the Public School System and grades 1 – 6 in the Holy Spirit Catholic System. Before School provides care Monday to Friday before school. After School provides care Monday to Friday after school, Professional Development (PD) days, Parent/Teacher interviews, Teacher’s Convention, Christmas & Easter Holidays
Summer Program is a very busy and active time. The children get to participate in many different activities on a daily basis. Some of the activities are: Offsites- this is where a group of children and staff will walk to a location close by to the school and do a specific activity. This usually happens daily and in the mornings, Swimming- the groups will have the opportunity to go swimming at a nearby pool on a weekly basis.